Sunday, November 28, 2010

Where has the time gone...

It's hard to believe my little baby that could barely crawl a year ago is now a crazy 18 month old toddler. My son is a total boy. He barely sits still, is rough and tumble, and I really wish he knew his own strength! The fact that he is over 27 pounds and 35 inches doesn't help me either. What the heck happened to my little baby?!?

We had our first snowfall of the year this last week and it was Lucas' first real experience in it. He had so much fun, and unlike his mommy, he loves the cold and being outside in it. He gets that from his dad. He could really care less about holidays at this point (since it was Thanksgiving on Thursday) but he's almost always a good sport with all the family and faces around. I'm interested in seeing how he is going to handle seeing Santa this year. Who knows if I will actually be able to get him to sit in Santa's lap or not.

So I am the first to admit it... my kid is pretty spoiled. He lays on the floor freaking out when he doesn't get what he wants which is usually a pacifier or a cookie, or something like that. I don't know if it's normal for toddlers to just crumple down to the floor cause they are angry or if it's just a thing Lucas has learned to do. Better than banging his forehead on the floor though. I've learned not to sweat some of the small stuff though. I used to NEVER give Lucas any juice, sweets, candy, etc. Well, I've pretty much given up on that. If I eat it, he can eat a little of it too, right? It's really my fault for having the bad foods around in the first place.

No one ever tells you how busy you will be when you are a mom, especially if you are also working too. I don't know how mom's that work full time do it all. I am really blessed that I am able to work 24 hours a week and because I am gone from 12-9, Lucas is with us more than not. There's just always so much to do and I'm the first to say I hate doing all the housework. I was not meant to be a stay at home mom, and for everyone that can do it, good for you. I just hate cleaning.. everything else I'm ok with, but I don't want to clean. Especially after being on my feet all day for 8 hours. But I find crumbs need to be sweep, laundry needs to be done, but then again, it's not going anywhere. It will always be there the next day. Lucas seems to like watching when I'm doing any cleaning so it works out. Although he just dumps laundry out so I have to do that when he's sleeping.

I'd still love to be able to go to bed at 1am and sleep in til 9am but that's probably never going to happen again. I am truly blessed with my family and perfect little boy, but a girl can dream, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment