Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Time is going by too fast

It's been over 2 months since I posted anything here. Part of it is because I just have been feeling busy being a mom, wife, and pharmacist and it is partly because I haven't really been sure what to write. So this will be a very random post.

The last few weeks have been more trying for me for some reason. I'm not sure if it's my attitude/perception about things or if things around me are truly changing. Lucas has always been a sneaky little boy, who gets into things when he knows he should not. It just seems to be worse lately for some reason. His listening skills have diminished and I'm not really sure if the time outs are working that well. He is still an incredible sweet boy and I feel like when we are really active, he is great. Unfortunately, the weather in Washington usually does not want to cooperate with me, so it's hard to be outside alot. Lucas has been loving all the yard work we have been doing, especially any digging. He seems to also enjoy the bike rides on my bike, so that is nice. I just hate threatening "we can't do ___, if Lucas is not a good boy", or something like that. Parenting is hard and it's even harder because I feel like my hubby is sometimes a little harsh with our son. I do work part time, so I can't be with Lucas all the time and I just want to make sure the two of us are on the same page, yet I don't want to step on his toes.

Lucas is going to be two in less than 2 weeks. What the heck... everyone tells you to enjoy the baby moments cause it goes by so fast and it really has. It's amazing how vocal Lucas is and so strong willed. I do want to try for a second child soon and hopefully it works out quickly for us.

My favorite moments with Lucas are just being with him, holding him in my lap and watching him sleep. They really do look like little angels then.

No comments:

Post a Comment